Airtech developed Ultraweave® 606 in response to back pressure and porosity problems caused by polyester breathers trapping off. Polyester breathers have a high melt point and low softening point (VSP) which causes the fibers to fuse together, restricting airflow over 250°F (120°C). After high pressure and temperature cures, polyester breathers can compress to paper-like (thin) sheets that will not channel air.
Features include :
- Reduce back pressure and porosity problems.
- Nylon breather for maximum airflow under a vacuum bag in the autoclave.
- Maximum use temperature 450°F (232°C).
- High temperature softening point.
- Natural fire retardant.
- Will not compress like polyester, allowing increased airflow.
- Stretches more than most 10 oz. polyester breathers.
- Lightweight yet conformable 6 oz/yd2 (204 g/m2) breather that replaces most 10 oz (304 g) polyester breathers.